Thursday, May 13, 2010

Italo Calvino

Italo, I have been sewing my soul on your pockethole.
I have really been enjoying your presence lately.
Come by more often, please. The classroom is soon to be your second home.

I must say our teacher has taste. A specific taste bud.
The tongue is sweet. Top dollar elegance.
I can appreciate a righteous tongue.

Italo even had films done by him. You know you have to be fabulous to gain such a status.
He also won a Nobel Prize for Literature. I salute you.
 One of his best works : ''If on a winter's night a traveler'' (wrote in 1979).....
The content is playful and intriguing. It is what some would call ''confusing'', but I enjoy a few question marks popping up here and there. Makes me think.
Thank you for such bliss, Calvino. A lot of imagery seeps through your work, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Set me free because I'm not running.

No comments:

Post a Comment